Android Nougat is the latest version of the android operating system. The version brings a lot of new things which would make using a mobile phone quicker and easier. Some features like “Reply from Notifications” are focused towards reducing the time taken to do tasks.
Redmi Note 3 has been one of the most hot-selling devices, The device is currently used by a lot of people. MIUI is although great, but getting an update could take time. As we all know, Lineage OS has taken over from where CyanogenMod left. In this guide, I’ll be guiding you through steps to install Android Nougat on your Redmi Note 3 (Lineage OS 14).
How to Install Lineage OS 14 on Redmi Note 3
Note: You won’t be installing the stock operating system, which means, The OS which you are installing isn’t built by Xiaomi. This is a ROM which is built by 3rd Party to provide functionality to your device. This would require access to the root and would also void your warranty. Without wasting a minute more, let’s begin with the guide.
- Lineage OS for Redmi Note 3
- Android Nougat GAPPS for Lineage OS
- Rooted Redmi Note 3 (Go to XDA for Rooting it)
- Custom Recovery (TWRP Recovery recommended)
- Download the ROM and the GAPPS.
- Store them on your device.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery
- Flash the ROM first.
- Flash the GAPPS.
- Reboot your phone.
- Wait for some time, the first boot might take some time. Once it is booted, you shall fill in the details it asks.
Voila, you’ve successfully install android nougat on your android device via Lineage OS.