Goods and Services Tax, better known to us with the help of the acronym GST, has been around for over 24 hours now. With more and more information coming in, GST is no longer a mystery. The impact of GST on the Indian¬†economy will begin reflecting over the long term. However, for the consumers, this has begun to appear straight away. Some prices have been reduced, and this is most visible on Apple‚Äôs iPhone and iPad prices.
Apple has reduced the price of¬†iPhones, iPads, Macs and Apple Watch devices in India. Let us take a look at the Impact of GST on Apple‚Äôs pricing in Indian markets:
Impact of GST on iPhone Prices
The official market price of the following devices has been slashed:
- The iPhone 7 (32GB) Variant is available for Rs. 56,200 vs its original price of Rs. 60,000 in the past.
- The iPhone 7 (128GB) Variant is available for Rs. 65,200 vs its original price of Rs. 70,000 in the past.
- The iPhone 7 (256GB) Variant now comes in at Rs. 74,400 vs its original price of Rs. 80,000 in the past.
- The iPhone 7 Plus (32GB) Variant now comes in at Rs. 67,300 vs its original price of Rs. 72,000 in the past.
- The iPhone SE now costs Rs. 26,000 instead of the original price of Rs. 27,200 in the past.
- The iPhone 6S (32GB) comes in at Rs. 46,900 instead of Rs. 50,000 in the past.
‚ÄúI think it is a good move ahead of the upcoming festive season. We believe the best way for Apple to increase their share in India is to bridge the gap between affordability and aspirational value of iPhone. Even in the past, they have tasted success with 4S, 5S and iPhone 6 when reduced the price,‚ÄĚ Tarun Pathak, Senior Analyst, Mobile Devices and Ecosystems at New Delhi-based Counterpoint Research, told IANS.