October of 2016 was a significant month for Google. The company made a full fledged entry into the hardware markets. The Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones, Daydream View VR headset, Google Home, Google Wi-Fi and various other announcements were all made at this event. Google escalated their momentum here, and has since been doing well in the hardware business. The Daydream View VR headset has just reached India.
Google’s Daydream View VR Headset was an ambitious step forward in the VR markets. Google introduced this headset initially with compatibility only for the Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones. However, over the months a number of phones got support for this device. While the Daydream View VR headsets were announced back in May 2016 during the Google IO 2016 event, they were launched and demonstrated at the October event.
These VR headsets have finally made their way to India, where they are available as an exclusive product on Flipkart. The price of these headsets is rather high, as it comes out at INR 6499. However, considering that it comes straight from Google, and is supposed to give you the apex VR experience, it is indeed worth the splurge.
Flipkart Offers For Google Daydream View VR Headset
For those looking forward to buy the Daydream View headset, Flipkart is running multiple offers that will motivate buyers.
- No Cost EMI: Those looking forward to buy this product can get a No-Cost EMI offer where it would be available at a price of just Rs. 723 for nine months.
- Axis Bank Offer: Those using the Axis Bank Buzz Credit Cards would get an additional discount of 5% on the device.
- PhonPe: Those users who make payments via PhonePe wallet would get flat Rs. 300 off on the Daydream View VR headset.
- Discount: A flat discount of INR 2500 is applicable if the headset is purchased with Google Pixel phones or the Moto Z.
- Chromecast: First 30 buyers of the headset would get a Google Chromecast free of cost. The next 50 customers would get Rs. 500 as Google Play Store Credit.